Friday, March 28, 2008

Your Eyes

In attempt to archive some of my old poetry I will be periodically posting some poems i have written over the years, some old and some new. I hope you enjoy them, this is my first poem I will post and its titled Your Eyes...

In this cluttered soul
The only ray of light among the darkness
Is the reflection of your eyes
Staring back into mine as if there was no one else,
Speaking without words a glimpse of hope,
Comfort found in silence.
As the darkness clears and taxing thoughts depart
I find my heart beating once more.
Time is now an illusion of a stressful world
That I have left behind.
It’s quieter here…
In this sanctuary of peace and solace
I am lost in this novel refuge
And never want to be found.
When the days grow weary
And the nights long and cold
I pray to have this beloved place
To come back to
Where we can be lost together…
In each other’s eyes.

1 comment:

Ewa said...

i'm impressed, that is really beautiful.